Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Leaves crackling under foot, plants bloom in one last magnificent Hurray as their roots grow deep to ensure new life next Spring




Fall is here.....
I love this time of the year in New Harmony. I took the picture of the flowers after our first frost. I look at them now, and pretty as they were, it looks to me like they are crying. They know their life has come to and end. But while they are here, they sure make life better for the rest of us. I hope I can be that way. I drove around the valley this week looking at the color changes. Some of my favorite places are not colorful this year, as they were destroyed by fire, but I can still see beauty.

This deer was on my front lawn. She is lucky she is a she and not a he. Cause if she was a he, she wouldn't be.........



3 comments:

  1. Nice post, Deanna. I can't believe that deer up on it's hind legs eating apples?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good writing! I love the fall, but hate the winter!

    ReplyDelete