Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Only her hair dresser knows for sure!

  There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Today, my cousin, Brent, wrote about the wild roses growing around New Harmony. Brent likes to get me thinking about my childhood. And he is very good at it. I was going through some of my pictures to find pictures of me in front of the yellow roses Brent talked about. In doing so, I came across a lot of pictures of me and my curly hair. When I was a teen, the in- thing to do was straighten your hair, I have always liked doing my own thing, and figure if Heavenly Father gave me curly hair, it was because he wanted me to have it. Therefore, I have never tried changing it, and to be honest, I am very thankful for it. When I see some of the stuff people go through to make their hair look good, I just shake my head--as if to say I don't have to do that--Nanny Nanny BooBoo

I am happy to say some of my curls are working their way down the line. My daughter, MaLynda looks like I did at that age. She is the top picture. Oh, and don't tell anybody, but she is wearing a wig. My granddaughter Aspen Hughes is getting more curls every day. She is the bottom right and I am the bottom left.

Yes there was a little girl who had a little curl and when she was good, she was very good, but when she was bad..........

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful Groke curls, in every generation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling post, Deanna. Don't know how I missed it when you first wrote it, but I'm glad I noticed it this morning. Beautiful hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had natural curly hair. Jillyn and Ines both have it and neither one like it very much. I, however, am envious of them. Try having stick-straight baby fine hair that takes 30 to 45 minutes of work each and every day. There are many things that I wish I would have inherited from my mother (like her compassionate nature and all-around kindness); her hair... not so much.
    Edie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and I love your posts and I love your curly hair! :)

    Can I make a request? Would you do a post about how you met your husband, and how he proposed, and all that? In other words...your love story, complete with engagement and wedding photos? Wouldn't that be so so fun for me to read?! :) Pretty please. Love, Sheri.

    ReplyDelete