Marva D. PrinceToday would be my Mom's 84th birthday. She wouldn't forget mine, and I don't want to forget hers. I never realized I would miss her so much when she left us, but I do. Everything, I do reminds me of my Mother. I go past the cemetery and feel guilty because I am not taking her to Cedar or a garage sale. She has yet to say anything to me, but I just know that someday I will hear about it. Because of the snow, I can't go visit her today, but I did want her to know I am thinking about her. If they throw parties in the Celestial Kingdom, I know she is all excited, and getting on Dad's case because he isn't getting ready--giggle. Mom, may you always know how much I love you, and may this be the best birthday you have had. I love you, Deanna
Remembering your Touch
I took photos of your hands
With my camera
Which I can look at for years to come,
But the photo taken with my heart
Is the most special one.
For with this memory is the feel
Of your touch upon my brow
And even the scent of your cherry lotion-
Each memory a treasure now.
I want to always remember how it feels
To hold your soft hand and squeeze it tight
Whether we were laughing as adults
Or when I was child afraid of the night.
These photos are so special
And mean so much to me
Each one brings to my hurting heart
Such a special memory.
Thena and Deanna

I was helping a client today, he asked what the date was, and I looked at the calendar....Grandma's Birthday! I Knew it was this week, but having Monday off got me all off kilter! Thank you! I miss her daily as well! Love you Aunt Deanna, thank you for the great blog about Grandma! Happy Birthday Grandma, eat some cake for me!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice tribute to your Mom. I miss her too. Those were the good old days when your folks and mine and Blaine and Fayone used to play cards and have a fun time together. I miss those times.
ReplyDeleteAunt Deanna,
ReplyDeleteI need that so much! Thank you. I'm cring!! I miss her so much. It's still hard for me to believe that she's gone!
Thank You again! I Love You
Chrystal
Okay I am at a principals' meeting crying over the blog on mom!
ReplyDeleteThis comment was from my cousin, Brent. The one above was from my little brother, Gary.
ReplyDeleteI got up this morning and looked at the Calendar and seen it was Feb. 19th. My first thought of the day was that it was Aunt Marva's Birthday. I have thought about her all day and coming home tonight and seeing your blog made my day! I love you Deanna and the great work you are doing! Thanks for taking time to keep us all in touch with our family and its anniversary days.
Brent Prince
You made me miss my mom today. Her 85th birthday is March 11. Maybe they're all playing cards together in heaven.
ReplyDeleteEdie
She was a great lady and even though I lived away for the last 40 or so years of her life she always remembered me, even when her memory got so bad. I'll always remember how well she treated me after my mother died. She was kind of my second mom when I was growing up.
ReplyDelete