Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You're everything I never knew I always wanted....


I haven't written for a couple of days for two very good reasons, the first is that I was snowed out. You heard me right snowed out. Most people get snowed in, but not Deanna, she has to be different. We got another beautiful snow storm, and since I left the house before it really hit, and then came home after, I got stuck in the lane by the orchard. I spent most of the night at my brother Lowell's house. I had a delicious steak dinner so I am not complaining at all, and the company was out of this world. We had drifts over two feet high all the way to our house. That was my first reason; the second is much more complicated. I wanted to write about the most precious thing in the world to me, my husband, Robert. Somehow, it isn't easy to find the words to express the love I have for this man. I think the words from the song "You raise me up" by Josh Groban says it all. (Listen to the second song on my song list to heart it--cause I ain't about to sing it to you.)

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.
.....

Robert, if you ever find the time to read this, I want you to know. . .

That “ if all falls apart I will know deep in my heart the only dream that mattered had come true. In this life, I was loved by you." (C. Raye) Who would have ever guessed that as I danced that first square dance with you, you would be my eternal partner. And one last request...

Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?
Would you be my partner every night?
When we're together, it feels so right.
Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?

I'll always remember that magic moment,
When I held you close to me.
'Cause we moved together, I knew forever,
You're all I'll ever need

Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?
Would you be my partner every night?
When we're together, it feels so right.
Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?

I love you Robert!

Deanna

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so cute sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a awesome tribute to a truely great man....I am so glad that I get to call him Uncle Bob. Thank you both for being such great examples to me. I Love you!
    Talonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a romantic post! If he doesn't find the time to read it, he is really missing out. I love both of those songs too. I love anything that Ann Murray ever sang. I don't know Robert too well, but I am sure he is everything you say he is and then some. Happy Valentines Day to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you doing, sucking up to get a super Valentine gift or what? Just kidding. I think you picked a great pardner for a husband. He is also equally lucky to have you as a wife. To tell you the truth I am impressed with you both! Happy Valentines---Brent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just spent some time catching up on your blog from the last few days, what a cool blog! And yes, you are both very blessed. Jason and I have long known what a very special couple you are since the days when you lived up this way. Thank you for always having been an example to our family, and for your friendship over the years. You guys are amazing.
    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete